The Career Service expects recruiters, employers and work experience providers to have checked that any vacancies submitted to the Service, either on-line, or in hard copy formats, comply with the requirements under English or European law, whether under statute or common law, including but not limited to the requirement to make payments of the National Minimum Wage and to comply with the Equality Act 2010. By submitting a vacancy, you are warranting that the vacancy complies with such legal requirements and you agree to indemnify the University of Oxford for any losses which it may incur in connection with a vacancy you submit.
Advertising of vacancies by the Careers Service does not imply approval or recommendation and where it comes to our attention that a vacancy may not comply with the relevant legislation we reserve the right not to publish it, or to remove it from our website, displays and literature.
For international opportunities, recruiters are also responsible for ensuring any vacancy complies with employment law (including any national minimum wage requirements) in the relevant jurisdiction and that they meet relevant good practice.
Once you have submitted or amended a vacancy it will be forwarded to the Student and Employer Engagement Team for checking. We aim to advertise all vacancies, submitted via CareerConnect, on our website within five working days. Please note the Careers Service reserves the right to edit, amend or withhold any vacancies received. Additionally we reserve the right to cap the number of vacancies any employer or recruitment/executive search agency can post.
- We do not advertise positions posted by private households;
- We do not advertise positions posted by or on behalf of tobacco companies;
- We do not normally accept emails from webmail account providers (e.g. hotmail, yahoo or gmail) although we may make exceptions on a case-by-case basis;
- We do not normally accept vacancies from employers without a company website;
- Vacancies may be posted on the system for a maximum of 6 months;
- We will only advertise vacancies posted via CareerConnect, any vacancies sent to us by email or post will not be advertised.
- There are no sandwich courses as such at Oxford University. Some of the undergraduate courses at Oxford University include elements where students might spend a year abroad, undertake short industrial placements or carry out research projects in industry however these would be arranged within relevant departments. Oxford courses do not have a requirement to spend time on placement in industry or business as part of a degree in order to obtain a higher education qualification. Therefore we are only able to advertise opportunities for placements which are available to students who have completed their studies or placements which can be undertaken during the university vacations.