Benefits to pupils
- The theme of self-confidence is introduced to all age groups including those students at the start of secondary school
- ….and the theme of careers is addressed in modules for older students
- A wide range of topics is covered. (See “The Four Modules” section below.)
- “Teacher talk time” is minimised. Lessons are built around discussion in pairs, whole-class discussions, and interactive activities.
- A wide range of activities are included, such as word-sorts, storyboarding, role-play, written exercises, quizzes, video content and more.
Benefits to teachers
- There are Four Modules; Understanding yourself; Asserting yourself; Marketing yourself; Networking & connecting (further details below) which incorporate individual lessons
- Each lesson is offered in a 20, 30, 45 or 60 minute version – allowing teachers to pick the module and lesson that is most suitable for their needs
- Preparation time is minimal: teachers can simply check what resources are needed for each lesson beforehand, and then follow the instructions on screen.
- Lessons can be delivered on an interactive whiteboard, on iPads, or using a laptop.
- The flexible, short modules and lessons can be easily integrated into the wider curriculum.