Finding Work Experience
Where to look
- Many work experience/internship vacancies are advertised on CareerConnect.
- Larger organisations may have centralised work experience/internship schemes, so look on the websites of those that you’re interested in.
- Many work experience placements are not directly advertised, so you may need to make a speculative application.
- The Careers Service runs several work experience schemes as well as Internship Programmes specifically for Oxford students.
- Use the Oxford Careers Network, a database of Oxford alumni, to get advice about work, postgrad study and gap-year experiences.
- We run an Internship Fair every November, where you can meet employers looking to offer placements.
- Get tips on work experience, useful links, and access to a number of vacancies from Prospects.
Applying for work experience
For many work experience placements you’ll need to apply with a CV and letter, and possibly complete an interview in person or over the phone.
Even though the process for getting work experience is often less formal than for getting a job, you’ll still need to use all the same skills as you would with an application for a long-term job. See our applications section for advice.
26th Mar 2015
Blackstone is one of the world's leading global investment and advisory firms. It has significant interests in private equity, real estate, credit and hedge fund investments all over the world as well as a leading independent financial advisor business. This April, on Thursday, April 23 & Friday, April 24, the firm is running it's first… Continue reading →
11th Mar 2015
The Writer are running once again their 'Word Experience' event for undergraduates, although the deadline is really soon on 1st March 2015. If you're interested, here's what they say: The world’s best (and most humble) language consultancy is running a two-day workshop on 26 and 27 March 2015. We’re looking for 20 undergraduates who love writing to… Continue reading →