Finding Work Experience
Where to look
- Many work experience/internship vacancies are advertised on CareerConnect.
- Larger organisations may have centralised work experience/internship schemes, so look on the websites of those that you’re interested in.
- Many work experience placements are not directly advertised, so you may need to make a speculative application.
- The Careers Service runs several work experience schemes as well as Internship Programmes specifically for Oxford students.
- Use the Oxford Careers Network, a database of Oxford alumni, to get advice about work, postgrad study and gap-year experiences.
- We run an Internship Fair every November, where you can meet employers looking to offer placements.
- Get tips on work experience, useful links, and access to a number of vacancies from Prospects.
Applying for work experience
For many work experience placements you’ll need to apply with a CV and letter, and possibly complete an interview in person or over the phone.
Even though the process for getting work experience is often less formal than for getting a job, you’ll still need to use all the same skills as you would with an application for a long-term job. See our applications section for advice.
30th Jun 2015
SEO London is a company that provides outstanding undergraduates from under-represented and under-served backgrounds a unique opportunity to secure extremely competitive internships and graduate opportunities with the UK’s best employers. Applications are now open for the SEO Summer Launch Pad, a scheme which can help you get a head start this summer in securing your… Continue reading →
26th May 2015
If you are a current undergraduate and have been offered an internship in China for summer 2015, you may apply for a bursary of up to £2000 courtesy of the Victor and William Fung Foundation. To apply, please fill in the funding application form, and email it to Stacey.email@example.com Please note that you can… Continue reading →