Continued support through CareerConnect
Register for an account on CareerConnect, and you will be able to:
- Search our job vacancy board on CareerConnect (most of the positions advertised are for immediate availability)
- Attend our Careers Fairs and most other events
- See any of our Careers Advisers if you are in Oxford
- Have a Skype appointment with our Alumni Careers Adviser (Dr Mike Moss) if you are not in Oxford
- Sign up for our Monthly Alumni Careers Newsletter which is sent by e-mail. You can do this by editing your communication preferences in on your alumni office account.
Unfortunately some of our services are only available to current students (for example The Student Consultancy, The Internship Programme, and certain e-books). Please contact us if you would like clarification on eligibility.
Attend tailored events
As well as allowing alumni to attend our regular events we also have tailored events:
Career Management Strategy Masterclass Webinar
The monthly Career Management Strategy Masterclass Webinar is a three hour webinar that covers:
- Overview of the job market and key oxonian destinations
- How we can make better decisions by thinking like an inventor or designer
- How we can think more creatively
- A research based approach to developing a career strategy
- Counter-intuitive tips and tricks for job applications
- How to prepare for an interview.
Alumni @ the Fair
Alumni are welcome at our Careers Fairs. Of course the recruiters attend fairs to promote graduate entry positions, so these events are mostly relevant to alumni in their twenties. The booklet for the fair will be released about one week before the fair, but the previous year’s booklet will be available in PDF form, so that you can plan roughly who to meet. Target 6 to 10 employers, do research on them, approach them at the fair enthusiastically, say what you like about them demonstrating your research and engage them in a well researched question.
MBTI personality assessments
We offer a number of assessments that can assist matriculated students and alumni with their career planning, including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and the DISC behavioural assessment tool. If in doubt contact email@example.com before purchase. If you are not a matriculated student or alumni nor a member research staff of Oxford University you should not apply.
A one-to-one feedback (1 hour) using an online questionnaire either face-to-face or over Skype costs £40 including VAT. Please select the Web MBTI option on the University online store.
A longer on-line-questionnaire which uses factor analysis to refine an individual profile 5 times more detailed than the web MBTI option above, followed by a one hour one-to-one feedback either face-to-face or over Skype costs £90 including VAT. Please select the Step2 MBTI option on the University online store.
The Myers-Briggs Company (TMBC) is the European provider of MBTI questionnaires, these fees cover TMBC prices plus related taxes and administration costs. The careers service provides the MBTI practitioner free of charge without any attempt to recoup practitioner nor training costs. Commercial MBTI charges normally range from £100 to £150.
Shortly after payment Dr. Mike Moss will be in touch by e-mail to agree a one-to-one meeting appointment, depending on your order. If he happens to be out of the office there may be a short delay, your patience is appreciated. Please book and pay online.