Established in 1892, the Oxford University Careers Service is probably the oldest such service in the UK. The Careers Service is part of the University Administration and Services (UAS) and supports all Oxford students, researchers, and alumni.
The aim of the Careers Service is to attract employers and educate and resource students to enable them to navigate the complex jobs market and make informed career decisions. Working towards this shared goal is are our full time and part time staff, all based at the Careers Service building at 56 Banbury Road in Oxford.
Who we are
Careers advisers offer one-to-one appointments with students and run workshops and employability programmes.
- Josephine Allen
- Susan Black
- Callum Buchanan
- Chris Jeffs
- Claire Chesworth
- Damilola Odimayo
- Hugh Nicholson-Lailey
- Julia Sadler
- Mike Moss
- Niamh Walsh
- Anne Wolfes
Co-Heads of Careers Team
Administration and Information team
- Leanne Carveth
- Stacey Phillington, Finance Officer
The IT team supports both students and Careers Service staff with technical issues.
- Alex Cadoux-Hudson, IT Manager
- Sophie McNamara, IT Officer
- Andrew Tritton
- Corina Lacurezeanu, Marketing and Design Officer
- Maurice McCartney
- Jonathan Smith
Student and Employer Engagement team (SEET)
The first point of contact for students and employers.
- Oliver Sampson, Head of Employer Engagement
- Keren Ivens, Student and Employer Engagement Team Manager
- Debra Popperwell, Student and Employer Events Leader
- Helen Huggins, Welcome Officer
- Fiona Sinclair, Student and Employer Engagement Team Assistant - Vacancies and Projects
- Karina Iljina, Student and Employer Engagement Team Officer
- Sam Williams, Student and Employer Engagement Team Assistant
The Internship Office team secures exclusive internships and supports students in the application process.
- Dr Fiona Whitehouse, Head of the Internship Office
- Paloma Campos Da Silva, Summer Internship Programme Manager
- Aifsha Butt, Micro-Internship Programme Manager
- Dr Joseph Thorne, Crankstart Internship and Mentoring Programme Manager
- Katie Hickman, Crankstart Internships and Careers Mentoring Programme Assistant
- Alice Gable, Crankstart Internships and Careers Mentoring Programme Assistant
- Katie Fletcher, Promentor Programme Administrator
- Sarah Kumari, Apprentice Internship Office Assistant
- Georgia Kogel, Apprentice Internship Office Assistant
What we do
The Careers Service’s purpose is to help applicants and employers to make the best, most informed decisions to their mutual benefit. Part of this involves preparing students to apply for and to secure employment – whether it is internship/work experience or full-time permanent posts.
Our objectives are to:
- deliver services online and in person at the Careers Service building, in Colleges, Departments, and Faculties;
- proactively network with all stakeholders;
- provide highly valued skills and experiences to support employability;
- enable recruiters to engage easily with the best job seekers (be they undergraduates, postgraduates, researchers or alumni) be nimble and responsive to embrace continual change.