Established in 1892, the Oxford University Careers Service is probably the oldest such service in the UK. The Careers Service is part of the University Administration and Services (UAS) and supports all Oxford students, researchers, and alumni.
The aim of the Careers Service is to attract employers and educate and resource students to enable them to navigate the complex jobs market and make informed career decisions. Working towards this shared goal is are our full time and part time staff, all based at the Careers Service building at 56 Banbury Road in Oxford.
Who we are
Careers advisers offer one-to-one appointments with students and run workshops and employability programmes.
- Callum Buchanan
- Chris Jeffs
- Claire Chesworth
- Damilola Odimayo
- Hugh Nicholson-Lailey
- Julia Hilton
- Julia Sadler
- Madalena Fonseca
- Mike Moss
Co-Heads of Careers Team
Administration and Information team
- Leanne Carveth
- Lucy Olsen, Finance Officer, Temporary Staffing Service
The IT team supports both students and Careers Service staff with technical issues.
- Alex Cadoux-Hudson, IT Manager
- James Salas, IT Officer
- Andrew Tritton
- Corina Lacurezeanu, Marketing and Design Officer
- Maurice McCartney
- Jonathan Smith
Student and Employer Engagement team (SEET)
The first point of contact for students and employers.
- Keren Ivens, Student and Employer Engagement Team Manager
- Debra Popperwell, Student and Employer Events Leader
- Helen Huggins, Welcome Officer
- Aisling Ridge, Student and Employer Engagement Team Assistant - Employer Engagement Network and Events
- Fiona Sinclair, Student and Employer Engagement Team Assistant - Vacancies and Projects
The Internship Office team secures exclusive internships and supports students in the application process.
- Dr Fiona Whitehouse, Head of the Internship Office
- Paloma Campos Da Silva, Summer Internship Programme Manager
- Amishi Agrawal, Summer Internship Programme Assistant
- Aifsha Butt, Micro-Internship Programme Manager
- Beatriz Hirt-Font, Micro-Internship Programme Officer, Temporary Staffing Service
- Josephine Allen, Crankstart Internship and Careers Mentoring Programme Manager
- Katie Hickman, Crankstart Internships and Careers Mentoring Programme Assistant
- Alice Gable, Crankstart Internships and Careers Mentoring Programme Assistant
- Katie Fletcher, Promentor Programme Administrator
What we do
The Careers Service’s purpose is to help applicants and employers to make the best, most informed decisions to their mutual benefit. Part of this involves preparing students to apply for and to secure employment – whether it is internship/work experience or full-time permanent posts.
Our objectives are to:
- deliver services online and in person at the Careers Service building, in Colleges, Departments, and Faculties;
- proactively network with all stakeholders;
- provide highly valued skills and experiences to support employability;
- enable recruiters to engage easily with the best job seekers (be they undergraduates, postgraduates, researchers or alumni) be nimble and responsive to embrace continual change.
If you have any general enquiries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to get involved with any of our internship programmes, or discuss internships, you can contact the Internship Office on:
- The Summer Internship Programme: email@example.com
- The Micro-Internship Programme: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crankstart Careers Mentoring Programme and Crankstart Internships: email@example.com
- The Promentor Programme: An Alumni Mentoring Programme: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries on The Oxford Strategy Challenge (TOSCA) or the The Student Consultancy (TSC), contact us on email@example.com
If you are looking to promote your organisation at Oxford University or join the Employer Engagement Network, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to book a stand at an Oxford University careers fair or have any queries regarding an upcoming careers fair, contact us on email@example.com
Advertise in the Oxford Guide to Careers
If you would like to place a full-page, half-page or quarter-page advert in the Oxford Guide to Careers, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Host a presentation or event at Oxford
The Student and Employer Engagement Team operates a booking system for organisations wishing to hold an event at Oxford. To request a date for your presentation/event please email email@example.com