Crankstart exclusive internships
We offer internships in a variety of sectors exclusively to Crankstart Scholars, taking place in the Christmas, Easter and summer vacations. Employers have included the UN Volunteers Office, Victoria and Albert Museum, Deutsche Bank, Modern Art Oxford, Cambridge University Press, Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe, Visa and CERN.
Crankstart Exclusive Internships are advertised on a rolling basis via the Crankstart Internship Programme bulletins, which are sent to all Scholars approximately once a week during term-time.
Help finding your own internship
We can help Crankstart Scholars find work experience corresponding to your skills and interests. This can be in any sector and for any duration, from a week’s work-shadowing to a three-month internship over the summer. Your placement can take place in the UK or abroad. We will assist you in identifying a suitable host organisation.
The first part of this process is to identify the type of placement you would like to undertake. To start your research you can:
- Book a one-to-one Crankstart CV & Internship Appointment via CareerConnect . These are 30 minute sessions dedicated to internship support (more information below)
- Book an appointment to see a Careers Adviser for sector-specific advice. Our careers advisers offer objective, confidential careers guidance based on your individual needs. They can also check CVs and cover letters. Please let them know you are a Crankstart Scholar so that you can be fast-tracked if needed.
- Look at different sectors to see what you might be interested in.
- Keep an eye on the Crankstart Internship Bulletin for offers of exclusive internships for scholars, as well as other careers opportunities and ideas.
- Browse the Summer Internship Programme listings on CareerConnect for ideas (open from Hilary term).
- Explore the Micro-Internship Programme, which offers short work placements in 9th Week of every term.
- Search for an internship on our vacancy database CareerConnect, where you will find vacancies and internship programmes from national and international recruiters.
Following an internship
On completion of an internship found through the Crankstart Internship Programme, you are committed to providing feedback on your experiences. This will comprise of a feedback form which is emailed out after the finish date. Considerable value is placed on the feedback as it helps to develop and improve the programme. If you have any queries please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Internship Office
As part of the Crankstart Internship Programme, we have a dedicated point of contact in the Internship Office who can answer any queries you have about the programme or the Internship Office. We are happy to offer guidance and answer questions from making an application to reflecting on what you have gained from the experience. We can also answer questions on funding for internships, or booking a one to one session. The best way to do this is to email the Internship Office at email@example.com