The Promentor Programme: An Alumni Mentoring Programme
With the generous support of the MaxEm Trust, the Promentor Programme offers mentoring by Oxford alumni exclusively for first year undergraduates on bursaries at the University of Oxford, for the duration of their undergraduate degree.
This programme is exclusive for students on bursaries, and offers an unrivalled opportunity to engage with a range of experienced career professionals in a mentoring context.
Each year, ten first year students are selected to join the programme, following an application process. Eligible students will be invited to apply via email, and will complete the process via an application form on CareerConnect.
Mentees on the Promentor Programme will receive:
- Training so students are ready to fully engage in the programme and are equipped with the tools to do so
- Introductions to three mentors, currently working in their sectors of interest. Introductions take place in Hilary and Trinity Term
- A £250 payment for each year that the mentee engages with the programme during their undergraduate degree.
Applications open in Michaelmas Term for the 2021-2022 academic year (deadline for applications tbc).
Dates for the 2021-22 Promentor Programme:
- October-November 2021: Students can apply into the program to be a mentee.
- November 2021: Information evening for the interested mentee.
- January 2022: Mentee training session
- By the end of January 2022: All mentees are selected and matched with suitable mentor.
- February 2022 onward:3x mentoring sessions.
If you are interested in mentoring, find out how you can take part.
If you have any questions, or would like to know more about the programme, please contact email@example.com.