The Promentor Programme: An Alumni Mentoring Programme
With the generous support of the MaxEm Trust, the Promentor Programme offers mentoring by Oxford alumni exclusively for foundation and first year students on bursaries at the University of Oxford, for the duration of their undergraduate degree.
This programme offers an unrivalled opportunity to engage with a range of experienced career professionals in a mentoring context.
Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year have now closed.
Each year, 10 University of Oxford students are selected to join the programme, following an application process. Eligible students are invited to apply via email, and will complete the process via the Promentor Programme page on CareerConnect.
Mentees on the Promentor Programme will receive:
- Training so students are ready to fully engage in the programme and are equipped with the tools to do so
- Introductions to mentors, currently working in their sectors of interest. Introductions take place in Hilary and Trinity Term
- A £250 payment for each year that the mentee engages with the programme during their undergraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
Key dates for 2022-2023
- 24 October - 25 November 2022: Students applied to be mentees
- 17 November 2022: Promentor Programme Information Evening for potential applicants, in person at the Careers Service building, 17:00-18:30
- January 2023: Mentee training session and mentor matching process
- End of January 2023 onwards: Mentoring begins
If you are interested in mentoring, find out how you can take part.
What students sayhttps://www.youtube.com/embed/RsgG6XxdwsQ
My mentors were consistent, reliable and friendly. I have gained a lots of information about the application process, workplace culture and the different skills needed to succeed in a range of roles within my chosen sector.
- First year mentee (English), sector of interest: Media, journalism and publishing
Very positive experience - my mentors have been very insightful and engaging, and their advice had proven very useful applying for and undertaking internship work.
- Second year mentee (Biology). Areas of interest: Academia & Higher Education, Consultancy, Education, Energy, Sustainability & the Environment, Scientific R&D & Other Research Services
If you have any questions, or would like to know more about the programme, please contact email@example.com.