The Promentor Programme: An Alumni Mentoring Programme
With the generous support of the MaxEm Trust, the Promentor Programme offers mentoring by Oxford alumni exclusively for first year undergraduates on bursaries at the University of Oxford, for the duration of their undergraduate degree.
This programme is exclusive for students on bursaries, and offers an unrivalled opportunity to engage with a range of experienced career professionals in a mentoring context.
Each year, ten first year students are selected to join the programme, following an application process. Eligible students are invited to apply via email, and will complete the process via an application form on CareerConnect.
Mentees on the Promentor Programme will receive:
- Training so students are ready to fully engage in the programme and are equipped with the tools to do so
- Introductions to three mentors, currently working in their sectors of interest. Introductions take place in Hilary and Trinity Term
- A £250 payment for each year that the mentee engages with the programme during their undergraduate degree.
Applications are now closed and will reopen in the 2022-23 academic year.
- 25 October- 29 November 2021: Students can apply to be a mentee
- 22 November 2021: Information evening for potential applicants
- January 2022: Mentee training session
- By the end of January 2022: All mentees are selected and matched with their first mentor
- End of Hilary Term: Mentee introduced to their second mentor
- Beginning of Trinity Term: Mentee introduced to their third mentor
If you are interested in mentoring, find out how you can take part.
What Students Sayhttps://www.youtube.com/embed/RsgG6XxdwsQ
If you have any questions, or would like to know more about the programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.