Our Insight into Strategy and Management programme is designed to demystify business and increase understanding of professional life to help students become ready for employment. At the end of this six session programme you will be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of the principles of business strategy, finance and management to prospective employers. You will also be able to apply the learning to cases and other interviews.
To support learning and encourage a more interactive virtual classroom, participants will be expected to complete some short assignments before sessions, both in virtual teams and independently. You will also have an opportunity to think about your personal perspective to help with career choices, prepare for interviews and plan your personal development.
Topics will include marketing and the customer proposition, key financial reports and investment finance, team working, and recruitment and selection.
How to apply
The programme is open to undergraduate, post-graduate students and recent alumni.
An application link for the next session will be made available on this page shortly.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate to prospective employers a broad understanding of business
- Explain the marketing essentials that are core to business strategy
- Explain business finance principles and commonly used reports and tools
- Apply the knowledge and skills you learn to cases
- Ask informed and relevant questions at interviews.