Crankstart Career Development Programme
Not sure how to start developing a career plan? Do you have some ideas but need help developing them?
Open to all Scholars, the Crankstart Career Development Programme supports you to develop your career ideas proactively and with confidence, no matter what point you are in your career preparedness. The programme, which is run every term, comprises two in-person workshops, and you can attend just one of these or both.
The Trinity term programme will take place on Tuesday, 3 May, and Tuesday, 10 May, 15:00-16:15.
About the Crankstart Career Development Programme
The commitment will involve attending one or both of the workshops, which each last 75 minutes. Before the session, Scholars will be asked to complete a short pre-programme activity.
We will be covering everything from how to generate career ideas through to career essentials such as CVs, and will be introducing you to the many resources that will help you on your career path.
Crankstart Career Development Programme Part 1: Generating and exploring career ideas
- Strategies for generating ideas that could suit you
- Finding out more about options and deepening your research
- Practical ways to identify the best option(s) for you
- Information & advice on accessing activities and resources to develop your ideas with confidence
Crankstart Career Development Programme Part 2: CVs, internships and job-search strategy
- Finding opportunities and making applications for internships and jobs
- Creating a persuasive CV
- Talking to others about your ideas and plans
- Accessing further help
Crankstart Career Development Programme - Careers support for finalists after Oxford
Whether your career plans are coming together or you are feeling unsure about what’s next – we are here to support you now and in the future. Come along to this friendly, supportive and informal session for help with your on-going career decisions and plans, and for ideas and activities to get started if you need them. We can adapt the material we cover according to your needs, for example it could include a quick CV refresher, help with job search or longer term planning. This session is taking place on the 23 June, 13:00-14:00. You can sign up on CareerConnect.
Crankstart Career Development Programme Timeline
- Michaelmas term: two workshops open for all Scholars
- Hilary term: two workshops for all Scholars
- Trinity term: two workshops for all Scholars
- Late June: 60 minute finalist special, for those who are graduating in the summer
- September: for all returning Scholars, a 60 minute online session to head start into Michaelmas.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.