Crankstart Career Development Programme
Not sure how to start developing a career plan? Do you have some ideas but need some help developing them?
Michaelmas term is jam-packed with career activities. In this programme, you will find out what is available to you in order to develop a strategy and move forward confidently, no matter what point you are in your career preparedness. Join us for the Crankstart Career Development Programme so that you can hit the ground running once the busy academic year begins.
The commitment will involve a 2-hour workshop on 23 September 2021, 14:15-16:30, and a follow up session in Week 5 of Michaelmas Term, taking place on the 9th November at 14:00. Before the sessions Scholars will be asked to complete a short pre-programme activity.
We will be covering everything from how to generate career ideas through to career essentials such as CVs and will be introducing you to the many resources that will help you on your career path.
This session will focus on the following areas:
Career ideas and exploration:
- Strategies for generating ideas that could suit you
- Finding out more about options and deepening your research
- Practical ways to identify the best option(s) for you
Key advice on career essentials:
- Creating a persuasive CV
- Talking to others about your ideas and plans
- Internship and job search strategy
Practical information and advice on accessing activities and resources to develop your career ideas with confidence:
- How to navigate the many careers activities on offer in Michaelmas term
- How to access and make the most of online careers fairs
- How to book appointments with careers advisers
If you have any questions or would like to find out more please contact email@example.com.