Here are some ways you can help:
- Remind students of the Careers Service and ask them to register their interests on the CareerConnect section of our website (such as where they want to work, what type of work, what languages they speak), and to use the site to look for vacancies.
- Suggest the student contact a careers adviser for an appointment. Students are welcome to book an appointment at any stage of their career thinking and planning. Whether they have no idea what they want to do or whether they are quite clear but need help to write applications and so on - all are welcome.
- Include a link to the Careers Service website in the faculty/college homepage and some information about us in student handbooks. Our website contains a wealth of information - everything from how to get started on careers through to job options and further study in alumni data bases students can also use LinkedIn where they will find a large group of Oxford University alumni.
- Involve the Careers Service in faculty, departmental or college activities – induction sessions or leavers fairs for example. All colleges and departments have a nominated Careers Adviser as a point of contact. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- If students are about to graduate please remind them that they are able to access the Careers Service for life.
If you would like any further information about how to support your students please just let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org