Applications for the Summer Internship Programme open in Hilary Term of each year.
You can apply for:
- 3 international internship placements
- 2 UK internship placements
- any number of ‘late’ internship placements that are added to CareerConnect after the first two deadlines have passed.
How to apply
Click Apply Now on the vacancy page of your chosen internship on CareerConnect. You will then be required to:
1. Upload a one-page Curriculum Vitae
This should be saved as surname_firstname(cv) in PDF format. We require that you submit a one-page CV.
Please be aware that if your CV runs over to two pages, only the first page will be sent with your application. Please do not include a photo on your CV. Make sure you keep a copy of the CV you submit.
2. Fill in the online Application Form
This includes a 600 word personal statement, in which you should outline your suitability for the internship in question. It is a good idea to save a copy of your personal statement elsewhere, in case there are any problems uploading your application. For guidance on writing your personal statement please see our page on How to Write Cover Letters.
3. Confirmation of submission
If your application has been uploaded correctly you should receive an automatic confirmation email from CareerConnect, and your application will appear on your CareerConnect dashboard. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that your application has been submitted successfully. The Internship Office is unable to accept applications via email, so please ensure that you upload your application in good time in advance of the deadline. If you are repeatedly encountering issues uploading your application, or if you do not receive a CareerConnect email notification within 24 hours of submitting your application, please email email@example.com.
Points to note
- You will need to follow the above process for each internship opportunity featured on CareerConnect that you wish to apply for.
- Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered
- Do not submit any extra paperwork unless it is specifically requested by the employer.
- A written reference is not required to apply. However, you should make sure you have a referee available who can be called upon to provide a reference if requested by the host organisation. If you are asked for a reference, please ask your referee to use this Reference Form.
Get help with your applications
There is lots of support available from the Internship Office and Careers Service to help you with your application, which you can find out more about on our Application Support webpage.
Throughout the application period for the Summer Internship Programme, we hold regular application support sessions. These are currently taking place on microsoft teams. We also hold extra sessions for Micro-Internships only in October and April. We can discuss your internship goals, clarify any questions you have about the programmes, or provide feedback on CVs and personal statements. Sign up to a session on CareerConnect.
The Internship Office aims to make opportunities equally available to all current, matriculated Oxford students, regardless of race, gender or degree of disability. This policy is in accordance with the Careers Service mission statement, and the University’s Integrated Equal Opportunities Policy. To discuss any confidential issue relating to any additional needs you may have, please email firstname.lastname@example.org