This event is for you if you are:
- unsure whether you want to stay in academia or wondering what your next career move might be;
- keen to find out which employers and sectors beyond academia value the skills you have developed as an early career researcher;
- curious to know how other researchers have applied their expertise in non-academic contexts.
The conference began in 2017, becoming an annual event due to popular demand. Each year we work closely with researchers and Divisional researcher training leads to ensure that the programme contents reflect the needs and aspirations of Oxford’s researcher community. Browse the conference brochures below to see the range of sectors, speakers and employers participating in previous events.
Usually held in spring, the day typically includes:
- panels of PhD holders and former academic researchers speaking frankly about their daily working lives in a variety of sectors;
- a networking lunch with employers who are actively seeking research-trained applicants – a great opportunity to investigate options for the future;
- interactive workshops to help you identify skills and strategies for optimising your career preparedness.