Careers Conference for Researchers
The Oxford Careers Conference for Researchers offers research staff and DPhil students the opportunity to explore a range of rewarding career pathways beyond – or alongside – academia.
SAVE THE DATE
We are delighted to confirm that our next Oxford Careers Conference for Researchers will take place on Wednesday, 17 March 2021
This event is for you if you are:
- unsure whether you want to stay in academia or wondering what your next career move might be;
- keen to find out which employers and sectors beyond academia value the skills you have developed as an early career researcher;
- curious to know how other researchers have applied their expertise in non-academic contexts.
The day typically includes:
- panels of PhD holders and former academic researchers speaking frankly about their daily working lives in a variety of sectors;
- a networking lunch with employers who are actively seeking research-trained applicants – a great opportunity to investigate options for the future;
- interactive workshops to help you identify skills and strategies for optimising your career preparedness.
Browse the previous conference brochures to get a sense of the kind of career transitions that are possible and the range of employers who recruit people with a similar skillset to yours.