- Submit a video interview as part of an assessment process and hone their presentation skills
- Develop key employability skills such as business and customer awareness, strategic thinking, creativity, team working and communication
- Utilise existing transferrable skills and develop new competencies to demonstrate in CVs and interviews
- Tackle strategic business issues and opportunities and make a contribution to a sector
- Gain an awareness of the commercial, social and behavioural contexts of professional environments.
Researchers participate in small teams, over a 3 month period, to address a strategic issue or business opportunity for a client organisation.
Our clients list includes start-ups, businesses, local and international charities, community organisations, University departments and Government agencies.
"The researcher consultancy helped me understand the value post docs and DPhil can bring to organizations outside of academia. I couldn’t recommend this program enough to any researcher even vaguely considering a move to industry or government". (Luke Jew, DPhil Astrophysics, former TRSC participant)
"The Researcher Strategy Consultancy offers a lens into different working worlds – from the overall strategic aims of the organisation right down to workplace culture” (postdoc participant, 2018)
“Thank you so much for providing this opportunity, it has been eye-opening in many respects and has given me confidence to apply my research skills in a non-academic context!” (participant in our sister programme The Oxford Strategy Challenge)